The Oduneye Foundation is committed to enhancing the quality of life of Nigerians by supporting initiatives that improve access to health and educational opportunities. Based in Abuja, Nigeria, the Foundation was established by A&O Acquisitions and works with a distinguished Board of Trustees.
Building a Nigeria where all citizens have access to quality health care, education and equal opportunities to realize their potentials.
– Enhance community health care by providing free medical services to rural communities which lack adequate medical facilities
– Improve the quality of education of children and young people (18 years and younger)
– Alleviate the extreme poverty in communities across the country by providing clean drinking water, and encouraging the education/empowerment of women.
The Foundation will operate with the following core values:
- Informed and responsive grant making
- Community involvement
- Government participation
- Accountability to beneficiaries
- Encourages innovation
- Promote philanthropy in Nigeria
- Community Health Initiatives
- Enhancing Quality of Education
- Income Generation
How the Foundation works
The Oduneye Foundation works mainly through Non-Governmental Organisations and Community Based groups in Nigeria. Our strategy of working through partnerships is intended to build institutional capacity of groups, supporting innovation and ensuring that the funding provided meets the needs of the target beneficiaries and is culturally relevant. In doing so, the Foundation encourages its grantees to forge collaborations and partnerships with local, state and national government agencies to enhance sustainability of the projects.
The Foundation also seeks collaboration with other grant makers and international agencies working in its target areas. Where necessary, the Foundation will leverage additional funding from other sources to support partner’s initiatives.